Why Spoil Your Dog?
There are many reasons to spoil your dog; however, the most important in my opinion is because of the strong emotional bond that exists between a dog and his owner.
Dogs are one of the most popular companion animals for many reasons. To start, a dog offers his owner unconditional acceptance. In addition, a dog is always happy to see you and has unlimited affection to offer. There are few greater things than to walk into the door at night after a hard day’s work and be greeted by unlimited enthusiasm and affection.
Many web rings are dedicated to dogs. They list anecdotes, have discussion forums and offer top ten lists. Here is one such list from Gizmo’s Fun House:
Top Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Pets Than Cats:
1. Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand every word you say. Cats will ignore you and take a nap.
2. Cats look silly on a leash.
3. When you come home from work, your dog will be happy and lick your face. Cats will still be mad at you for leaving in the first place.
4. Dogs will give you unconditional love until the day they die. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you’ve ever made since the day you were born.
5. A dog knows when you’re sad and he’ll try to comfort you. Cats don’t care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can-opener is.
6. Dogs will bring you your slippers. Cats will drop a dead mouse in them.
7. When you take them for a ride, dogs will sit on the seat next to you. Cats have to have their own basket or they won’t go at all.
8. Dogs will happily come when you call them. Cats will have someone take a message and get back to you.
9. Dogs will play fetch with you all day long. The only things cats will play with for any period of time are small rodents or bugs – preferably ones that look like they’re in pain.
10. Dogs will wake you if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.
Seriously though, some research has shown that dogs are able to convey a depth of emotion towards his human companion not seen to the same extent in any other companion animal. In addition, dogs have been an integral part of human history and have proven themselves to be extremely useful in a variety of settings. Dogs have been known to put their own lives in peril to ensure their master’s safety. Dogs will do anything if they know it is what their masters expect them to do and they ask for nothing in return.
And it is for this loyalty and unconditional love that dogs deserve to be spoiled – regardless if they are a housedog or a rescue dog. For over 20, 000 years, dogs have willingly and lovingly worked side-by-side with man. They deserve to be rewarded with love and tokens of appreciation.
Copyright 2006 and beyond... doggroomingtips.ws - All Rights Reserved